Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Accountant is to provide accounting support to the Accounting Manager in areas of Payroll, General Ledger maintenance and accounting processes. Key success factors to this responsibility include the ability to accomplish the following tasks: timely and accurate processing of the bank reconciliations, payroll, inventory valuations, cogs computation and monitoring, month-end and year-end procedures and journal entries. The Accountant performs monthly entries and reconciliation, including maintenance of general and all significant GL accounts to ensure accuracy and to meet timelines. up.
- Maintain various accounting schedules on monthly basis, including fixed assets, prepaid deposits, etc.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Assist with any significant issues with AR and collections, and AP.
- Compute and prepare sales commission reports.
- Perform variance analysis.
- Update all inventory transactions and monitor inventory control, production flow and costing; COGS Analysis and inventory valuations.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies for inventory between ERP and Accounting software.
- Prepare monthly expense reports for all departments.
- Maintain company assets schedule.
- Review internal control on all accounting processes, including AR, AP and inventory.
- Prepare year-end working paper for the external accountant.
- Help with month-end procedures, including monthly journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and cash flow projections.
Required Skills and Training
- CPA designation.
- Experience in a computerized and fast paced environment.
- Strong in problem solving.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in full cycle accounting and cost accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Adagio Accounting Software and Excel.
- Detail-oriented and with strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Accounting Software, ERP, Word and strong Excel.
- Detail-oriented, strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the company.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is a bonus.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.