Formulations and Scientific Officer
Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Formulations and Scientific Officer develops formulations for new products and improves formulations for existing products, and provides scientific, technical and regulatory advice on products and processes.
- Develops theoretical formulations for new products and existing products and conducts appropriate test runs.
- Defines specifications for raw materials, finished and packaging materials for products and evaluates sources of materials.
- Plans and coordinates technical activities associated with the execution of formulations, ensuring that production processes comply with relevant Canadian, international and company regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Identifies and resolves technical problems related to formulation and manufacturability of existing and new products; conducts troubleshooting activities, recommends cost savings improvements, and develops risk mitigation plans.
- Provides technical, scientific and regulatory input across the Company on product formulation and materials specifications.
- Conducts all research necessary for new and current products
- Keeps abreast of pertinent developments on products and materials used, as well as with Health Canada (NHPD) and CFIA regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Communicates key issues relating to product formulation and materials specifications to appropriate management levels and recommends action plans.
- Coordinates the submissions for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRED) governmental rebates for research projects.
Required Skills and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree in pharmacology, biochemistry, or related health/medical field.
- At least 3-5 years’ solid experience in product development and formulations in the nutraceutical and/or pharmaceutical.
- Strong knowledge of government regulations pertinent to natural health products (NHPD), GMPs, CFIA and HACCP standards.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Thrives well in a fast-paced environment; excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A collaborative worker and excellent team player.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Strong command of English language.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience an asset.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and organic certification is an asset.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.