Human Resources Manager
Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Human Resources Manager leads the people and organizational development of a rapidly growing natural health company. Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Human Resources Manager works collaboratively with a diverse team of employees and develops human resources initiatives, systems and procedures. This role plays a crucial part in championing our culture across our three locations and fostering our values throughout our teams. The Human Resources Manager should have experience as a leader in aligning human capital with an organization’s goals and mission to reach their vision.
- Strategically develops the organizational structure and implements necessary policies aligning with company vision and goals.
- Continuously develops organizational culture to uphold core values and support company vision and goals.
- Champions staff programs encouraging employee engagement, recognition, and retention.
- Ensures employees are engaged and contributing to business objectives; mission, vision values.
- Drives organizational and cultural excellence.
- Determines the skills and experience required by the Company to meet its business needs, and strategically plans for their development.
- Manages full cycle recruitment from sourcing of talent to interviewing to offer issuance. Identifies and supports employee development opportunities and manages annual performance review process.
- Conducts exit interviews identifying key issues/ trends, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Plans and organizes company-wide events for monthly and holiday celebrations.
- Manages compensation and benefits policies and programs ensuring competitiveness and equality.
- Manages departmental budget and provides monthly and ad hoc updates on human capital projects.
- Implements and manages the Human Resource Information System to streamline employee information and employee metrics and statistics.
- Ad hoc duties and projects as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Training
- 5-6 years’ of increasing experience in a human resources generalist role.
- University degree or college diploma in business management and/or human resources and Certified Professional Human Resources designation preferred.
- An excellent understanding of human resources management practices and sound knowledge of government legislation related to employment standards within BC and ON.
- Embodies Organika’s organizational culture of humility, hunger, and people smart.
- Strong business acumen and ability to strategize on how to manage human resources to achieve the Company’s business needs and goals.
- Comfortable working closely with all levels of the company and participating in strategic decision making.
- Excellent leadership, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated substantial initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.