Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Inventory Supervisor is responsible for managing and optimizing all warehouse inventory levels while achieving Organika’s service level goal, assisting in training personnel on inventory handling and overseeing workflow and warehouse functions when Receiving Manager is unavailable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership, training, and accountability for 3-5 inventory clerks.
- Utilize ERP generated reports to conduct daily inventory analysis and ensure accuracy, quality, productivity, safety and regulatory compliance in all inventory control activities.
- Provide bi-weekly reports on all significant inventory information to the Receiving Manager for development, implementation, and improvement of inventory control policies and procedure.
- Conduct monthly audits on inventory levels, making adjustments to inventory minimum/maximum levels, safety stock, lead times, and inventory formulas to ensure sufficient supply to meet company needs while maintaining targeted inventory turns.
- Review and analyze all changes to product conversions, deletions and additions to determine impact on inventory requirements.
- Ensure warehouse storage areas are clean, organized, and orderly.
- Direct cycle counting program and perform cycle counts.
- Establish loss prevention and safety/emergency procedures.
- Propose solutions to the VP of Operations and Receiving Manager regarding all critical issues relating to inventory.
- Coordinate with internal departments for the following:
- With the sales department to make crucial inventory decisions based on demand forecasting, product promotion periods, expiring or short dated products, obsolete material, etc.;
- With the accounting department for inventory audits to establish KPIs for cycle counting and schedules for the reconciliation process; and
- With the operations department (purchasing, warehousing, production, and quality), for the success of inventory management and the entire supply chain. * Assist in hiring process, performance management, and disciplinary actions.
Required Skills and Training
- Degree in operations management, or logistics and supply chain management, or CPIM designation, or Lean Six Sigma green belt certified.
- 5 years of experience in Inventory or Warehouse Management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively evaluate, map, structure, and implement process improvements.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sound knowledge in the use of ERP programs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
- Travel required for work related events.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.