Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, titration, physical and chemical separation techniques.
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare test solutions of gas or liquid reagents and sample formulations.
- Compile records and interpret experimental or analytical results through reports.
- Assist in receiving and logging of samples.
- Organize and maintain product retention and stability samples.
- Assist in maintaining the stability testing schedule and conducting necessary analyses on-time.
- Conduct test method development and method validation for SRED.
- Carry out other technical functions in support of chemical research, tests and analyses.
- Assist in sending samples to and coordinating with third-party laboratories for further testing.
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Keep the laboratory clean and tidy.
- Proper disposal of samples and chemicals at regular intervals.
- Assist in new product development by researching, formulating, and preparing food samples to be used for taste test panels.
- Create finished product certificate of analyses when required.
- Other duties as required by the QC Supervisor.
Required Skills and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Science or related field from a Canadian Institution.
- Working knowledge and/or training in:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Natural Health Product Regulations and Safety Requirements.
- ISO standards and requirements.
- Quality Control and production operations.
- Trained by a qualified professional (from the field of pharmaceutical or biotechnology) on techniques such as sampling, biological analysis and testing methods.
- Sanitation programs.
- Pest management.
- Record keeping.
- At least 3 years previous experience in chemistry lab in the food / natural health product, biotech or medical industry.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills and attention to detail that enable excellence.
- Enjoys teamwork and has demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and use of computers.
- Proficient in the use of the English language.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.