Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
Following safe, approved and proper procedures, the Manufacturing Assistant operates machines to produce and manufacture products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for efficiently mixing raw materials and maintaining the highest possible safety and quality standards. Performs all control room operations: sets up, operates and maintains equipment to batch and process products; cleans and sterilizes equipment; diagnoses and trouble shoots problems in order to obtain maximum product flow without sacrificing quality and minimize waste.
- Sets up, maintains and operates machines that compress blended raw materials into tablets, following safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Makes frequent adjustments to weight and pressure controls on machine to keep machine and product running smoothly and within specifications.
- Examines tablets for defects, such as chips, discoloration, broken tabs, soft tabs, lamination, capping and contamination.
- Measures tablet hardness, friability and weight on a frequent basis to ensure product will meet Q.C. specifications.
- Performs change over, tear down and clean tablet pressing and coating machinery in a timely manner with a high level quality.
- Maintains, lubricates and operates tablet pressing and coating machinery.
- Completes detail oriented department paperwork during and at the end of each production run.
- Loads tablets into coating equipment, operates coating equipment and unloads tablets from coating equipment at the end of each batch.
- Mixes and prepares coating solutions for use in tablet coating equipment.
- Supports and is involved in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent; three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in the use of the English language.
- Familiarity and good working knowledge of manufacturing safety procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control for Production.
- Detail-oriented, a good team player, and willing to learn.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with problems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend; and talk or hear.
- The employee must exert up to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or 25 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision, and field of vision.
- May be required to wear protective gear, due to dusty environment.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.