Manufacturing Supervisor – Morning Shift
Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for handling day to day work activities during his shift, ensuring the daily manufacturing schedule is delivered smoothly, and monitors the performance and productivity of the staff while adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Please note that this is a morning shift 6 AM – 2:30 PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and monitors production operations and ensures the most efficient use of materials, equipment and personnel; oversees the manufacture of finished products to ensure all NHPs manufactured meet the company’s and GMP standards.
- Ensures that set up and operation of machines follow strict safety policies, GMP and SOP guidelines.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance in production planning, operations and warehousing, and makes corrective actions, if necessary.
- Conducts regular inspection of the production areas and facilities; visually inspects production run and documents results; fills out work order forms with regards to product lot information.
- Coordinates with Production Manager and Operations Manager on matters regarding major repairs of equipment and utilities.
- Effectively communicates with the Quality Assurance Department to implement and enforce a product quality control system, SOPs, GMP policies, sanitary environment on entire plant to ensure all NHP’s produced are safe and in compliance with GMPs and Natural Health product regulation.
- Verifies in-process control checkpoint points; sanitation work done; ensures cleanliness is maintained in work area.
- Performs general maintenance of machinery, machine assembly and disassembly.
- Trains manufacturing employee on machine operating procedures, SOP, proper documentation practice, sanitization procedures, workplace safety, etc.
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Production Manager.
Required Skills and Training
- A diploma or certificate from a recognized institution in one of the following areas: Science, Business, Engineering.
- At least 3 years previous experience as a production worker on manufacturing operations under industrial setting.
- Working knowledge and/or training in:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Natural Health Product Regulations and Safety Requirement.
- Operation Management, Business Engineering, Supply Chain.
- ISO fundamental.
- Quality control and Production operations.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control for Production.
- Pest Management.
- Record keeping.
- Production planning / scheduling.
- First Aid Certification.
- Fork lift Certification.
- Effective computer skills (MS Office)
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., engage in repetitive movements, and stand for long periods of time.
- Physically fit, detail-oriented, a good team player, and willing to learn.
- Able to effectively manage conflict and maintain strong employee relations.
- Proficient in the use of the English language.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.