Outside Sales Agent – Vancouver
Organika Health Products – Richmond, B.C
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Outside Sales Agent implements the introduction plan for Organika products in designated territory. This role seeks out opportunities with new accounts – health food / vitamin stores, groceries and mass merchandise – to introduce and sell the products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and conducts effective proposals to identify products that will fit in with the right customers and outlets.
- Develops a sales plan based on each customer’s needs to either cross sell product line, expand product selection and/or introduce new products.
- Generates sales opportunities through referrals, cold calling, email, social media, and networking; expands customer base and develops new leads.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule; meets with decision makers and forms relationships as trusted advisor.
- Provides extensive customer contact via store visits, phone calls and email.
- Plans and completes territory travel efficiently for geographically grouped store visits.
- Educates the store representatives and provides product knowledge by conducting and/or participating in sales promotion and educational meetings.
- Arranges, coordinates and conducts customer demonstrations at client locations.
- Coordinates new product introductions with distributor representatives and key accounts.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Gathers competitive marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Communicates with retailers and co-workers in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Provides weekly reports on accomplishments and opportunities within territory to management.
- Supports and achieves sales strategies, forecasts, budgets and goals for the assigned territory in conjunction with the Ontario Sales Lead.
- Participates in trade shows/table top shows and consumer shows as directed by management.
Required Skills and Training
- Minimum three years experienced in sales of natural food supplement industry.
- University degree or college diploma in business or health science.
- Experienced in product listings with key accounts and independent health food outlets.
- Several years of experience in implementing distribution sales strategies, product marketing, sales development processes, developing sales channels, sales product launches, face-to-face sales, and business development.
- Demonstrated record of success with exceptional leadership and relationship building.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to effectively execute sales, training and marketing plans.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial and creative.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team; motivational and empowering.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate in a professional manner.
- Must be able to travel based on business needs.
- Previous experience in natural food health products or similar industry is an asset.
- You are known for your positive attitude.
- You have outstanding relationship building skills.
- You are a creative thinker and resourceful problem solver.
- You take ownership and show initiative in everything you do.
- You are dedicated to continuous self-improvement
- You are self-motivated and performance driven.
- You are honest, respectful and proactive in your communication.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.