Packaging Assistant (2 PM – 10:30 PM shift)
Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
Following safe, approved and proper procedures, the Manufacturing Operator operates machines to produce and manufacture products.
- Operates machines to fill containers with appropriate products and to label these, and operates machines to produce, package and label products following safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Fills out work order forms with regards to product lot information.
- Monitors machine performance and reports any unusual observations.
- Maintains cleanliness within the work area.
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Packaging Manager, Production Manager and QC Manager.
Required Skills and Training:
- Completion of secondary education in a Canadian institution or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of the English language.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., engage in repetitive movements, and stand for long periods of time.
- At least 1 year experience in a manufacturing or production.
- Familiarity and good working knowledge of manufacturing safety procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control for Production.
- Physically fit, detail-oriented, a good team player, and willing to learn.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend; and talk or hear.
- The employee must exert up to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or 25 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision, and field of vision.
- May be required to wear protective gear, due to dusty environment.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.