Regulatory Affairs Assistant
Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Regulatory Lead, the Regulatory Affairs Assistant works closely with and supports the QA/QC, Sales and Purchasing teams. The Regulatory Affairs Assistant provides regulatory support, handles product and site licensing, and stays current with all regulatory changes communicating updates with the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles and coordinates quality-related licensing and registration, including NPN, Site License, Organic Certification, non-GMO verification.
- Assists in foreign product registration and other customer inquiries.
- Reviews formulae to ensure they meet regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and summarizes scientific research.
- Provides regulatory support to other departments and conducts regulatory filing.
Required Skills and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food, Nutritional and Health Sciences.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the natural health product/food industry.
- Familiarity with Canadian Food and NHP regulations as well as US FDA regulations for Food and Dietary Supplements.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and organic certification is an asset.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.