Warehouse Assistant / Materials Handler
Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Receiving/Inventory Manager, the Warehouse Assistant/ Materials Handler performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of materials, parts, and supplies.
- Issues and moves components, supplies and printed materials from the warehouse to meet manufacturing and intra-company requirements.
- Verifies quantities, lot numbers, and part numbers against documentation previously prepared.
- Stages raw materials for dispensing and dispenses as required.
- Verifies and receives materials returned from manufacturing in a timely manner.
- Documents, in a timely manner, material transactions on appropriate documentation and in computerized systems.
- Manually or using forklift, moves material within the warehouse areas and in and out of trucks.
- Maintains warehouse areas in a clean and orderly state.
- Investigates inventory discrepancies as needed.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager as requested.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Training
- High school diploma or equivalent, and at least 1 year of directly related work experience.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office application and working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Forklift certification.
- Database management skills.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures and PO receipts.
- Experience of lean manufacturing, Kanban and Kaizen continuous improvement principles.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.