Warehouse Assistant (Order Picker/Packer) – Ontario
Organika Health Products – Scarborough, ON
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Warehouse Assistant (Order Picker/Packer) is responsible for processing inbound and outbound orders in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the success of the warehouse by picking, packing, and shipping customer orders with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Supports quality initiatives by performing quality checks on packages and packing lists throughout the fulfilment process.
- Supports inventory control procedures by conducting physical counts, monitoring stock levels, placing order requests and reconciling with data storage software.
- Supports on receiving functions by reviewing requisitions, invoices, and shipping notices of the material received or issued.
- Prepares waybills for outbound orders as required by couriers.
- Assists Shipping Supervisor in preparing requests for warehouse supplies.
- Helps maintain cleanliness and order of the warehouse.
- Actively participates in warehouse maintenance, safety, and security protocols.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Training
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a warehouse or 3PL facility.
- Working knowledge and/or training in:
- Good working knowledge of warehouse management software and/or ERP.
- Physically fit; able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work well independently as part of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Forklift certification preferred but not required.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.