Warehouse Assistant Manager
Organika Health Products – Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Warehouse Assistant Manager directs and oversees shipping, receiving, inventory and warehouse departments. The office of the Warehouse Assistant Manager ensures that approved procedures and standards are followed in the selection, picking, packing, loading, stocking and shipping of products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the shipping, receiving, inventory, and warehousing teams.
- Responsible for developing, and implementing process improvement initiatives of all departments operating within the warehouse.
- Responsible for establishing productivity KPI’s and maintaining excellent working standard for each department leader.
- Responsible for motivating, developing, training, and providing direction to department leaders.
- Responsible for the success of the warehouse operations, including but not limited to health and safety, quality, accuracy, efficiency and overcoming capacity constraints.
- Works collaboratively with VP Operations, Production Manager, Purchasing Manager, and Quality Manager to ensure success of the supply chain.
- Responsible for planning future capacity requirements to meet needs of overall business direction.
- Manage overall budget for warehousing departments, and implementing cost control measures.
- Collaborate with HR to convey organizational expectations and company policy to warehousing teams.
- Collaborate with HR on onboarding, offboarding, and employee reviews.
- Ensures quality system processes (GMP/ISO) are adhered to and continuously improved upon.
- Lead warehousing quality initiatives and implementation.
Required Skills and Training
- A degree in operations management, supply chain & logistics, or equivalent field, and minimum 3 years of managerial experience in warehouse and inventory. CPIM certification is an asset.
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and time management skills.
- GMP training, supply chain management training, lean/six sigma training.
- Ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced non-unionized environment.
- A strong team player who can work collaboratively with others at all levels of the company.
- Committed to professional development inside and outside of working hours in the form of formal training, courses (online), and conferences.
- Recognized as a trusted and respected leader.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
- We accept email applications only. Please no calls, for drop-ins.