2015 marks the 25th Anniversary for Organika®.
- Organika® was the first Canadian company to have brought in Glucosamine Sulfate (GLS) and to educate Canadian consumers about Glucosamine Sulfate being the future for joint management. This development gave the momentum for Organika to develop, the Liga-joint line, Melatonin, and the full range of CoQ10 supplements.
- Moved facilities to Clark Place in Richmond.
- Organika® starts it’s own manufacturing side of the business to control quality from start to finish.
- Acquired several 3rd party certifications.
- Organika® was one of First Nutraceutical companies in Canada to have cGMP before it was mandatory in 2004 by Health Canada
“Being recognized by your peers in the industry is one thing, but being recognized by people from outside the company as “Best company to work for” and “Best Entrepreneur of the Year” confirms my belief in the company and the people.”-Thomas Chin
Entrepreneur of the Year was recognition from the people that Mr. Chin and Organika®‘s efforts were creating positive change among various cultures in terms of health. This distinction and the idea of rising above even larger companies gave Tom motivation to expand on research and development, the quality and size of Organika®‘s facilities, and efforts to create new and innovative products (like Full Spectrum Plant Enzymes™, Riz-strol, Herbal Colon Cleanser, Para-free) .
- Organika® keeps moving forward by moving manufacturing to it’s own building on Horseshoe Way, Richmond.
- Organika®‘s label and logo undergo a redesign.
- Finalist in Richmond’s Leadership Business award for the Business Leader category.
- Organika® was the first Nutraceutical company in Canada to receive the ISO9001 certification.
- Organika® is one of the first companies to receive a Health Canada certified site license approval.
- Organika® becomes a leader in Natural Product numbers (NPN’s) acquired in Canada.
- Celebrated a milestone anniversary
- Again, to honour the entrepreneurs and organizations that help to make our city the growing economy and community that it is today.
- Won CHFA East “Best Large Booth” award
- Organika® expands from coconut oil to launch the start of the Coconut Products line
- April 2012 = Kathy Smart becomes Organika’s Spokesperson
- December 2012 = Organika® launched 8 supplements in USA
- Organika® reaches 450 products and 23 export countries
- Facilities get Organic Certification
- April 2013 = Coconut Sauce and Coconut Nectar were launched
- May 2013 = Organika® reached 500 NPN approved products.
- July 2013 = Co Q10 Lip balm gets a redesign
- August 2013 = Maca launched
- State of the art, expanded R&D facility in Richmond.
- May 2014 = Quinoa Powder launched
- July 2014 = CoQ10 Sun Lotion rebranded
- September 2014 = Estro-G® launched
- With over 545+ registered NPN’s for complex and holistic formulas and certified organic foods in the industry.
- After 25 years, Organika® has expanded to four locations, over 110 employees, and exports to over 26 countries.
- Organika® moves into a brand new state of the art, 50,000 manufacturing facility in Richmond BC.
- Organika® lands in three additional export countries Ghana, Guatemala, and Panama
- Going into its 3rd year of partnership, Organika® continues to support Quest Food Exchange in providing health supplements and vitamins to Canadians in need, and is honoured to be awarded the Most Valuable Partner in 2016.