Visit our USA site for:
– Available Products
1. The first step is done – your amazing veg and giblet trivet from roasting the turkey Start by angling the tray and using a spoon to skim away about three-quarters of the excess fat (you can keep this for another day).
2. Place the tray on a medium heat on the hob and stir in the flour with a wooden spoon, scraping up all the sticky bits from the base and sides of the tray.
3. Once combined, pour in the Organika Bone Broth (with water). Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer gently for about 30 minutes, or as long as it needs to get to the consistency you desire. As it simmers, if any fat or foam rises to the surface, simply skim it away.
4. If you want to add extra flavour, a swig of red wine, Vin Santo, sherry or port will work a treat. I also like to add a spoonful of jam or jelly for a touch of sweetness.
5. When you’ve reached the consistency you want, pour the gravy through a coarse sieve into a saucepan, pushing all that goodness through with the back of a ladle, add a splash of Organika’s Coconut sauce for seasoning, then keep warm over a low heat until you’re ready to serve.
**A ‘vegetable trivet’ refers to a selection of vegetables, often carrots, onions, celery, which are used as a bed for meat as it braises or roasts. The vegetables serve to impart flavour on the main ingredient as it cooks and can also be used to make a sauce for the final dish. Make sure to cut the vegetables into large wedges, if they are cut too finely they will disintegrate during the long cooking time.