I made this stew on a snowy winter day and just fell in love with it. it is a warming stew with just the right amount of heat from the curry paste and sweet from the coconut milk. This stew is also full of vegetables, minerals, collagen and legumes making it very hearty.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons each of minced garlic and chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄4 cup of unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter
- 4 cups of diced mixture of carrots, sweet potatoes and potatoes 1 (19-ounce/540-millilitre) can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 (9-ounce/280-millilitre) can of peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons of golden raisins
- 2 cups of Organika Beef bone broth (2 tbsp+2 cups water)
- 3 tablespoons of Organika Enhanced collagen
- 1 (9-ounce/280-millilitre) can of coconut milk
- 4 cups of baby spinach or chopped Swiss chards
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in medium saucepan. add the onions and cook gently until golden brown. Add garlic and ginger and stir constantly for 1 minute. Add curry paste, nut butter, and enhanced collagen and stir until well combined. Add vegetables, chickpeas, peas, and raisins stirring well and allowing the vegetables to infuse with the flavors of the onions and curry paste. Cook for 5 minutes while mixing well.
- Add the beef bone broth and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Let the vegetables cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. add coconut milk and heat through.
- Just before serving, add baby spinach or chard and allow it to wilt, cooking for about 1 minute longer. Serve stew piping hot.
Coconut milk is derived from the esh of the coconut. Coconut milk does not contain any dairy and the main saturated fat that it contains, lauric acid, is also found in mother’s milk and has been shown to promote brain development and bone health. Beef Bone Broth is perfect to supply minerals, collagen, and has gut boosting properties.
Kathy Smart is a registered Holistic Chef and teaches, motivates and inspires others to live Smarter by providing healthy recipes and healthy living tips specific to the gluten-free and wheat-free lifestyle.
The information provided herein is for informational purposes only. The products or claims made about specific nutrients or products are reviewed and evaluated by Organika based on available scientific evidence on its initiative. Such applications, however, have not been specifically assessed by Health Canada. Organika makes no guarantee or warranty with respect to any products sold, and shall not be responsible for any indirect, inconsequential and/or special damages for the reliance on or use of any information contained herein. This information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or another medical professional. You should not use this information for diagnosing a health problem or disease but should always consult your physician.