Roasted Butternut Squash Casserole
Looking for a deliciously nutritious side dish to have at your next family gathering? This Roasted Butternut Squash Casserole recipe with Organika’s Bone Broth Chicken Turmeric is great to have for any occasion during the fall and winter months!
Why Butternut Squash?
With it’s nutty and mild sweet taste, the Butternut Squash is one of the most popular winter squash vegetables. It is used in many recipes like soups, hummus, risottos, and more! Not only is it amazingly delicious, it has amazing nutritional benefits that your body will thank you for.
The butternut squash is packed with antioxidants and has an impressive list of vitamins & minerals, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium and magnesium! Benefits of consuming butternut squash include:
- Boosts immune system
- Reduces fatigue and improves physical activity
- Weight loss
- Reduces inflammation
- Maintains strong bones
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH CASSEROLE
Gluten-free | Grain-free | Soy-free
Moderate | prep time: 20 mins | cook time: 55 mins | Serves 6
For the roasted squash:
- 2 tbsp Organika’s Bone Broth Chicken Turmeric
- 1 medium / large butternut squash
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups stemmed and finely chopped kale
- 1 tbsp fine Pink Himalayan or regular sea salt
- 1 cup hot water
For the Almond parmesan:
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (you can substitute with rolled oats )
- 1/8 tsp fine Pink Himalayan or regular sea salt
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Grease a large casserole dish with oil and set aside.
- With your hot cup of water, add Organika’s Bone Broth Tumeric powder and mix until it has dissolved. Set aside.
- Peel your butternut squash. Thinly slice off the bottom and top, then slice through the middle lengthwise to make two halves. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Chop the two halves into 1-inch chunks and put them in your casserole dish.
- Add the minced garlic, parsley, oil, and salt into the casserole dish. With your hands or a spoon, gently toss the squash until combined.
- For the parmesan: Place all the parmesan ingredients into a food processor and pulse together until it becomes coarsely grounded.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for about 45 – 50 minutes, until the squash is fork tender.
- Carefully remove the squash from the oven and reduce the heat to 350F (180C). Stir the chopped kale into the squash until combined. Sprinkle the parmesan on the top and then bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the kale has wilted and the nuts are lightly roasted.
If you have any leftovers, put them in an air-tight container. They will last about 5 days. To reheat, put the squash into an oiled skillet and heat over medium, stirring until heated through.
We love butternut! Check out more of our recipes here:
Boosted Butternut Squash Hummus
Golden Butternut Squash Soup
Boned Butternut Squash and & Sage Soup
Featured on Fresh Fridays with Chelan Wilkins
Join us every Friday on Instagram at 10:00am PST / 1:00pm EST for amazing recipes and nutritional talks with Organika’s products! Make sure to follow us on Instagram at Organika Health.
The information provided herein is for informational purposes only. The products or claims made about specific nutrients or products are reviewed and evaluated by Organika based on available scientific evidence on its initiative. Such applications, however, have not been specifically assessed by Health Canada. Organika makes no guarantee or warranty with respect to any products sold, and shall not be responsible for any indirect, inconsequential and/or special damages for the reliance on or use of any information contained herein. This information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or another medical professional. You should not use this information for diagnosing a health problem or disease but should always consult your physician.