KETO GINGERBREAD LOAF
As the holidays draws near, we are getting into the holiday baking spirit and celebrating with a festive recipe, this lovely Keto Gingerbread Loaf with Cashew Spiced Pink Mylk Latté Frosting! Of course, we incorporated some powerhouse ingredients to enhance your baking:
Without any further ado, let’s get to baking!
- 1 package Bakerlita Beauty Baking Mix*
- 1 tbsp org. cacao
- 4 tbsp Organika MCT oil powder
- 4 tbsp Organika Maca powder
- 1 tsp org. cinnamon
- 1 tsp org. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp all spice
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
*Can be substituted with:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup monk fruit or your natural sweetener of choice
- 4 large free-run eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter (dairy free replacement: coconut oil)
- 2 tsp black strap molasses
- 2 cups cashew cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener / natural sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Organika MCT oil powder
- 2 tbsp Organika Pink Mylk Latté Powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- chilled bowl
- chilled whisk attachment
HOW TO – GINGERBREAD
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by greasing one loaf pan with grass-fed butter or coconut oil. Line loaf pan with parchment paper. The best pan size for this recipe is 7”x 4”x 3” (L x W x H).
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients, including the chocolate chips. Whisk everything together and set aside.
- Melt butter, then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl. For best results, make sure wet ingredients are at room temperature.
- Whisk everything together until you have a smooth and silky batter. Pro tip: to create an airy, spongy texture, make sure your batter is on the liquid-y side, rather than thick.
- Once your batter is done, pour it into loaf pan. Pop into your pre-heated oven.
- Bake for one hour and 45 min (time may vary depending on the oven & baking pan size). Once loaf is done, let cool to room temperature for at least 50 min.
HOW TO – ICING
- Make sure your ingredients are room temperature to create a perfect cashew cream cheese frosting!
- Whip, whip, whip for 5-7 minutes.
- Next, sift in your sweetener and add a splash of pure vanilla extract; Whip again for another few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix a few tablespoons of coconut milk, the Pink Mylk Latte and MCT oil powder to create a paste. Add paste into cashew cream cheese and beat again. Make sure it’s runny or it will deflate your frosting.
- Once your ginger loaf has cooled to room temperature, it’s time to start dressing it with that gorgeously pink frosting! Add a big dollop of frosting to top of the loaf and, using an offset cake spatula, try to get the frosting close to the edge of the loaf. Then, plop the rest of your heavenly creamy frosting right on top and decorate it however your desire!
Make sure to join in the holiday cheer and get updates on new festive recipes on our Instagram and Facebook! 🎁
Andrea Witthoeft, aka Bakerlita, is passionate about creating baked goods that not only satisfy your tastebuds but heal and nourish your body (and mind) too. For more recipes, visit her blog or subscribe to her Youtube channel!
The information provided herein is for informational purposes only. The products or claims made about specific nutrients or products are reviewed and evaluated by Organika based on available scientific evidence on its initiative. Such applications, however, have not been specifically assessed by Health Canada. Organika makes no guarantee or warranty with respect to any products sold, and shall not be responsible for any indirect, inconsequential and/or special damages for the reliance on or use of any information contained herein. This information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or another medical professional. You should not use this information for diagnosing a health problem or disease but should always consult your physician.