5 fun ways to enjoy your FÄV cookies!
I have to admit, I love snacking and so does my partner. There’s usually an “appetizer” for every meal in our home. Luckily, as much as we love snacking, I love cooking. Meaning that I often put together our snacks at home or grab something that we know that will fuel us, give our bodies nutrients and that is packed full of lip-smacking flavour. Flavour and nutrition really are everything, aren’t they? It’s not always easy to combine the two when hunting for a snack and it can be even harder to find a product that incorporates both, so we were SO excited to try Organika’s FÄV Collagen Cookies! I knew the nutrition would be there and for flavour, well, cookies. Do I need to say more?
I would say 98% of the time before I eat or drink something, I consider the effect it could have on me for the rest of the day. Having optimal energy, productivity, motivation and a healthy mindset are all so very important to me. I knew as soon as I tried one of these cookies, my snack hunt was over. They are:
- Gluten-free & dairy-free
- Packed with 11g of healthy proteins (per pack of three cookies)
- A good way to get a generous serving of collagen, which is essentially the glue that keeps our skin, hair and nails healthy and full, and our joints mobile
- Made with almonds and coconut flour, offering a clean and healthy source of fats. Satiating our hunger and fueling our bodies for longer!
Get creative with your FÄV cookies!
I thought of 5 different fun ways you could get creative with these cookies at home!
1. Dip them into a warm mug of Organika’s Adaptogen Mylk Latte
2. At home sundae – ice cream, chocolate sauce, crumbled cookies! You could even add fresh berries, mint, caramel sauce, the list goes on!
3. DIY Oreo – Recipe below!
4. Plant-based ice cream sandwich – use your favourite ice cream and place it in the freezer for up to 1 hour, remove and enjoy!
5. Dipped in melted chocolate, sprinkled with flakey salt, dried edible flowers or hemp hearts and then freezed!
I hope you try some or all of the recipes out at home! Remember flavour and nutrition are key and you can’t go wrong with this snack list! Tag me if you make these at home so I can see your creations @meesh.coles! Happy Creating!
Photography by John Kelsey
FÄV Collagen Cookie OREO
1/3 cup vegan butter
1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
20 Organika FÄV Collagen Cookies (your choice of flavour!)
Makes: 1 cup frosting & 10 cookies
Make sure your vegan butter and vegan cream cheese are both soft (let them sit on the counter out of the fridge for about 5-10 minutes before beginning this recipe).
Add the butter and cream cheese to a mixing bowl, with a spatula mix the two together very well. There will be little clumps so continue to mix until they are nearly all gone.
Add the powdered sugar ½ cup at a time. Mix very well, you want this to be smooth.
Continue to add ½ cup powdered sugar and mix well.
Add the vanilla, stir very well so there are no clumps.
Place frosting in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden up a little.
Remove the frosting and add 1 heaping tablespoon (25ml) of frosting to the flat part of one cookie, spread evenly. Place another cookie over top of the icing and stick in the fridge/freezer for 30 minutes.
Remove from the fridge/freezer and enjoy chilled!
The cookies will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 30 days.