Snacking and Crafting: A New FÄVourite Combination
The kids are home.
While that is the new normal, there are two major components, as a working mom, I have been mindful of:
- ensuring they are stimulated and
- continuing my self-care (which includes nourishing myself with healthful foods).
To be honest, when your focus is on children, it’s not always easy to fill the hunger gap on time and with something you truly want to put in your body.
Luckily, a snack solution that fits the needed check boxes (of my current eating lifestyle doubled as a fun kids activity) was found!
Collagen cookies, with fun packaging, have become this mom’s lifesaver!
Crafting with FÄV Collagen Cookie Boxes
The cookies come 3 per package, and the boxes contain about 12 packages. Instantly we realized we could have fun with them.
We decided to make cars for our teddy bears!
- Cut the top lid off
- Cover the box with construction paper, it’s ok if it’s not fully covered (my kids decided to show the pictures of the cookies on the sides)
- Cut out black circles, onto which add little white circles with a crayon for tires
- Glue the tires on the sides and as a little steering wheel
- Draw or decorate the car however you wish (have fun with it, draw a face or cover with stickers, for example)
- Add your teddy in the driver’s seat
- Add some snacks in the back
Snacking While Crafting With Your Kids
It’s no secret that it takes a lot of energy to keep up with kids. While creativity and fun is a must, it means that we, as parents, need to sustain energy for long periods through proper nourishment.
I found that, while mealtimes are family time, snacking had become a challenge. Rarely would I want to eat the same snacks I was providing my kids, but I was limited on time to prep one for myself or would skip them.
The FÄV Collagen Cookies, however, are perfect.
- They fit in with my daily lifestyle and diet of being low in sugar and carbs, whilst offering healthy fats and protein;
- Since they contain high-level macronutrients, I’m able to sustain energy for longer and it fills the hunger gap;
- Clean and natural ingredients make me feel lighter, knowing I am putting good things into my body;
- The collagen is providing added benefits to my joints, bones, hair, skin, nails, and overall health;
- The healthy fats boost my immune system and decrease inflammation. Those functions alone allow me to feel more energetic!
I get to fuel myself with more of what I want to put INTO my body so that I can thoroughly enjoy what I’m doing WITH my body.
Spending quality time with my kids is so important to me, and as a parent, I doubt anyone would disagree. Therefore, continuing to keep up with their energy is vital to enjoying that quality time.
A winning combination of snacking and crafting, my two FÄVourite things.