Changes may be periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time without notice. We encourage you to visit this page from time to time in order to remain informed. If you do not agree to the following clauses or provisions – a prerequisite requirement for use of this website – then please exit immediately.
Although accessible by others, this Site is intended to be accessed by Canadian adults residing in Canada. Further, the English text segment of this Site will be considered authoritative for any discrepancies that may occur between the English and other language segments.
We want you to feel confident about sharing your personal information with us. In return, we hope you find our services and communication to be useful, timely, and relevant.
There are areas within the Site where select information, such as your IP address (especially for national or international address locations), is necessary for the continued operation of this Site. There may be areas within this Site where you voluntarily provide information, such as by completing an on-line survey or by requesting contact from us by way of providing your phone, fax, or email. Further, your consent for participation may be expressed or implied, and may take the form of marking a response such as clicking on an “I Agree” icon.
By using this Site, you consent to our necessary collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. It is our policy to collect personal information about individuals in accordance with the provisions of the Act. The Act deems that an individual has consented to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information about that individual if, at the time the consent is deemed to be given, the purpose would be considered obvious to a reasonable person. In such circumstances, we will collect, use or disclose personal information without obtaining a written or verbal consent to do so.
The Act also permits us to collect, use or disclose personal information about an individual in some circumstances without the individual’s consent. Those include (but are not limited to) circumstances in which:
- the collection, use or disclosure is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- it is reasonable to expect that the collection or use of personal information with the consent of the individual would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information, and the collection or use of the information is necessary for an investigation or proceeding;
- it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure of personal information with the consent of the individual would compromise an investigation or proceeding, and the disclosure of the information is necessary for an investigation or proceeding;
- the personal information is available to the public from a prescribed source;
the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is required or authorized by law.
When we collect, use or disclose personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
Cookies and Automatic Systems
Cookies are electronic files that store information on your computer and are exclusively used for record-keeping purposes – we do not collect personally identifiable information in this process. Although not a specific requirement, we would recommend that you ensure that your web browser is set to accept cookies.
Other automatic systems may be used on the Site to keep a log of the pages our visitors spend time on. By doing so, we are able to collect aggregate data over a large number of visitors but not data that identifies an individual’s personal information. Visitor’s patterns can be statistically analyzed and this in term acts to supplement our market research efforts for providing better products and services.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for EU Citizens
Citizens of the European Union are entitled to specific rights as described by “REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL”. Although these rights do not extend globally, Organika will extend them to users of our websites upon request. In addition to the data storage and processing already described in this document, it should be noted that we also utilize anonymized connection and page tracking for analytics purposes (Google Analytics – google.com/analytics). This information is extremely limited in scope, and specifically for the intended purposes. Social Media aggregator (Curator.io – https://curator.io/). Visitor analytics – (Hotjar – https://www.hotjar.com/)
Information collected is for legitimate purposes, and is not meant to be excessive and shall be used responsibly in accordance with the agreed intent. All information collected about you while at the Site, will be held in confidence and shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the stated purpose of the original collection.
Who Has Access
Only designated staff at Organika will have access to your submitted personal information. At Organika’s discretion, we may share statistical data with third party market researchers.
Requests for Access To Personal Information
The Act permits you to submit written requests to us to provide you with:
- your personal information under our custody or control;
- information about how your personal information under our control has been and is being used by us;
- the names of the individuals and organizations to whom your personal information under our control has been disclosed by us.
We will respond to requests in the time allowed by the Act and will make a reasonable effort to assist you and to respond as accurately and completely as reasonably possible. All requests may be subject to any fees and disbursements the law permits us to charge.
An individual’s ability to access his or her personal information under our control is not absolute. The Act provides that we must not disclose personal information when:
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual other than the individual who made the request;
- the disclosure can reasonably be expected to cause immediate or grave harm to the safety or to the physical or mental health of the individual who made the request;
- the disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual;
- the disclosure would reveal the identity of an individual who has provided personal information about another individual and the individual providing the personal information does not consent to disclosure of his or her identity.
The Act further provides that we are not required to disclose personal information when:
- the disclosure of the personal information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm the competitive position of an organization;
- the personal information was collected without consent for the purposes of an investigation, and the investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed;
- the personal information was collected or created by a mediator or arbitrator in the conduct of a mediation or arbitration for which he or she was appointed to act:
- under a collective agreement,
- under an enactment, or
- by a court.
Conditions For Disclosure
Security – What Measures Are Active
Organika has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. We recognize our obligations to protect your confidential information and we have therefore made arrangements to secure against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction of personal information.
Redress – Corrections / Opting Out
If you feel that the information we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, Organika is willing to correct the omission or error upon verification that you are the person to whom the information applies. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Organika may decide not to correct the personal information, but annotate the personal information that a correction was requested but not made. Similarly, if you do not wish us to send you marketing materials – for example, if you buy a product from us and choose not to have supporting marketing materials sent – you can send us a letter or email, addressed to our Privacy Officer, requesting to be removed from our marketing list.
Mailing Address Attn: Privacy Officer
Organika Health Products Inc.
13480 Verdun Place
Richmond, BC V6V 1V2
If any word, term, or provision of this Policy is deemed invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other provisions, and the Policy shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision had never been contained in it.
This Policy shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of British Columbia, Canada (without regard to the conflicts or choice of law principles thereof). The parties irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of British Columbia, Canada and agree that any court of competent jurisdiction sitting in British Columbia, Canada shall be an appropriate and convenient place of venue, and shall be the sole and exclusive place of venue, to resolve any dispute with respect to this Policy.