Known as a nootropic, Lion’s Mane is about to become your best study buddy. Add this organic, water-extracted powder to your coffee, smoothies, or soups, and prepare to get productive!
Lion’s Mane mushroom, latin name Hericium, a white spongy-looking edible mushroom that tastes a bit like shrimp or lobster when cooked, studied for its benefits to:
- Improve memory and brain function: Its chemical compounds can pass through the blood brain barrier.
- Protect and regenerate nerve cells: Lion’s mane induces nerve growth factor (NGF), required by the brain and neurons for development and maintenance.
- Heal gastric ulcers:It can control overgrowth of the H. pylori bacterium, associated with ulcers.
- Modulate our gut immune system:This can positively affect inflammation and microbes in the digestive system.
Check out our other products in the adaptogen line!
Lion’s mane mushroom mycelium and fruiting body. Cultured on organic brown rice.
100% Organic. Grown in the USA.
Add ½ levelled teaspoon (~1.5 g) to your coffee, broth, or favourite warm drink. Can also be easily incorporated into savoury recipes!
Q: What are adaptogens?
A: Adaptogens are plants, herbs, and mushrooms that help us adapt to or recover from the damaging effects of environmental or lifestyle stresses. They have been used for thousands of years in traditional Indian and Chinese medicine practices, and are revered for their ability to bring the body back into homeostasis — the body’s natural place of balance.
Q: Who needs adaptogens?
A: When stress constantly piles high, our body’s response can be negatively affected, increasing the risk of disease. Some daily life factors that may cause stress include:
- Poor eating and sleep habits
- Stored mental and emotional tension
- Unaddressed physical symptoms and diseases
- Financial, family, work, and social obligations
Organika’s line of adaptogenic powders can help provide the support you need to thrive in modern conditions.
Q: How are your mushrooms processed?
A: Our reishi, chaga, and lion’s mane mushrooms are steam extracted to break down the indigestible cell walls of the fungi, a compound called chitin. This process allows us to access the beneficial compounds within.
Q: Can I take too much of these products?
A: All these products are natural foods and are non-toxic at normal doses. If you experience any negative side effects, stop taking them immediately and consult your health care practitioner.
Q: Can I cook with these or add them to hot water? Will I damage their benefits?
A: Yes, you can cook with them, an easy and delicious way to incorporate them into your life. Heat does not damage their benefits.