Primary Purpose of Position:
Following safe, approved and proper procedures, the Production Associate will assist in both Manufacturing and Packaging departments, as needed, where you will operate machines to produce and manufacture products as well as package and label Company products.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible for efficiently mixing raw materials and maintaining the highest possible safety and quality standards.
– Sets up, maintains and operates machines that compress blended raw materials into tablets, following safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
– Makes frequent adjustments to weight and pressure controls on machine to keep machine and product running smoothly and within specifications.
– Examines tablets for defects.
– Measures tablet hardness, friability and weight to ensure product meet Q.C. specifications.
– Performs change over, tear down and clean tablet pressing and coating machinery in a timely manner with a high-level quality.
– Loads tablets into coating equipment, operates coating equipment and unloads tablets from coating equipment at the end of each batch.
– Operates machines to fill containers with appropriate products and to label these.
– Operates machines to produce, package and label products
– Fills out work order forms with regards to product lot information
– Monitors machine performance and reports any unusual observations
– Performs other assigned duties
Required Skills and Training
– Able to understand English language.
– Able to lift at least 50 lbs., engage in repetitive movements, and stand for long periods of time
– Relevant experience in a manufacturing or production
– Physically fit, detail-oriented, a good team player, and willing to learn
– Preferred completion of secondary education in a Canadian institution or equivalent