Primary Purpose of Position:
The Shipping Manager directs and oversees shipping, receiving, inventory and warehouse management functions. This position ensures that appropriate and/or approved procedures and standards are followed in the selection, picking, packing, loading and shipping off of products.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works in conjunction with the Shipping Supervisor to ensure daily operations are handled in an efficient and effective manner.
• Ensures the safe, prompt, reliable, and cost-efficient processing of incoming and outgoing shipment of products.
• Coordinates with all appropriate parties and departments to attain shipping objectives.
• Ensures the efficient, safe and proper layout and storage of products in the warehouse.
• Ensures the efficient maintenance of all shipping documents and records.
• Manages inventory of finished goods to ensure accuracy
• Initiates and implements security and safety programs and procedures within the department.
• Will maintain the responsibilities of a materials handler
• Works with Warehouse Manager to evaluate shipping carriers and courier companies for service quality and reliability and recommends appropriate action after evaluation.
• Works with Shipping Supervisor and Warehouse Manager to access and train staff, while maintaining staffing levels
• Can manually operate a forklift
• directs and moves inventory to the proper areas or delegate if necessary
• Ensures a clean, safe and well-maintained work area in the Shipping Department.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Training
• Preferred 3 years previous experience in shipping, receiving or warehouse supervision or equivalent experience.
• Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong leadership, communication, organizational and time management skills.
• A strong team player who can work collaboratively with others at all levels of the company.
• Database management skills
• Knowledge of invoicing procedures and PO receipts
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
• Must be willing to learn and adapt to a changing work environment