Eat + Drink
Boost Your Valentine's Day with Maca
Enjoy quality time with a loved one while getting some quality nutrients!Valentine’s Day is coming up! And while dinners can be expensive and stressful, try keeping it simple by spending time with your loved one in the kitchen! Spend time, and not money, with your loved one. A great way to spice things up this year is by adding Maca to the decadent dessert you and your loved one(s) will inevitably be indulging in. Aside from being chalk full of vitamins, Maca is versatile and can be used in a number of recipes.
How Maca Boosts Your Valentines Day
- Boosts sexual drive and libido (it’s a holiday—celebrate!)
- Improves free testosterone levels, responsible for higher energy levels, circulation to sexual organs and more.
- Improves fertility.
- Helps improve the balance of overall hormone levels.
RAW Almond Cacao Cookies with Salted Maca CaramelAlmond cacao cookies:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp quinoa powder
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup water, more or less as needed
- Pecan halves, walnut halves, and/or almonds
Choco-Maca MousseIndulge in this choco-maca mousse, packed with antioxidants, adaptogenic herbs and all natural sweeteners. Total prep time is about 10 minutes with a good food processor. You can also sub out honey for maple syrup or date syrup. Ingredients:
- 4 Ripe Avocados
- 6-7 tbsp Cacao
- 1 tbsp Maca
- 5 Dates
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 2 turns of Pink Himalayan Salt
This recipe is a fantastic way of incorporating the benefits of Maca into your Valentine’s Day! Keeping it simple never tasted so good. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!