Eat + Drink
Cherry Almond Overnight Proats
Dr. Tara Weir
CHERRY ALMOND OVERNIGHT PROATSThe cherry and almond combo is always a winner in my books. And here this dynamic duo finds perfect harmony in a make-ahead meal that is packed with all the goods -- vitamins & minerals, antioxidants, fibre, healthy fats, and protein! Honestly, there are few breakfasts as simple and satisfying as overnight protein oats ("proats"). You simply mix the ingredients together in a matter of minutes the night before, and they soak while you sleep. In the morning, they're ready whenever you are! These oats can be enjoyed cold or warm. I like to serve them chilled but topped with warm cherry compote and almond butter.
CHERRY ALMOND OVERNIGHT PROATS
EASY | SERVES 2 LARGE SERVINGS
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 Tbsp Organika Health Enhanced Collagen (omit for vegan)
- 2 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tsp Organika Health Gelatinized Maca powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or nut-free milk
- 3/4 cup canned organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- optional toppings: warm cherry compote (just frozen cherries that have been heated up until slightly thick and syrupy), warm almond butter, and chopped raw almonds
- Put all of the ingredients except toppings in a bowl or divide among single-serving mason jar(s) and stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for a minimum of 6 hours).
- In the morning, stir, add toppings and enjoy!
Tara is an avid traveller, fitness enthusiast, and aspiring chef who endeavours to inspire others to experience the joy & richness of life.