3 Easy Ways to Ditch Stress Naturally
Learn how to manage stress with lifestyle tips and natural stress relief supplementsLet’s face it; stress is impossible to avoid. But, that doesn’t mean that it should control your life. Sometimes all you need is a little time to relax, and some enthusiasm to say no to the things that get under your skin. And when that doesn’t work, there are stress relief supplements to help you ditch the pressure and rise to the occasion. Stress is your body’s response to demand and pressure, and with enough repetition, it can wreak havoc on your health. Learning to manage your stress efficiently is the key to that calm state of mind we’re all constantly after.
What Kind of Stress are you Facing?Knowing what kind of stress you’re facing can help you realize why you feel the way you do. Figuring out the sources of your stress can help you manage it better.
Acute StressAcute stress is short-term stress. It can be exciting or motivating. Acute stress is the stress you feel when you’re at the top of a roller coaster, or when you have deadline looming, and shifts you into gear to get the job done. Acute stress isn’t a health concern since it’s short-lived, but it can become exhausting. If you’re stuck in acute stress mood for a few hours on end, you may notice that same project your felt motivated about, or that rollercoaster that seemed so exciting starts to become tiring. Finishing up or taking a break can you help regain some energy and relieve some stress.
Episodic StressEpisodic stress is when you experience that acute stress frequently. That’s people who live chaotic lives, where stressful deadlines demand attention all the time, things are always late, or you have too many projects on the go. It’s also common in people who worry about everything.
Chronic StressChronic stress comes from long-term exposure to stress. It can be downright debilitating and wear away at you day after day. Chronic stress is the type that you should be most concerned about when it comes to health. It impacts sleeping patterns, contributes to depression and can affect your ability to cope with tough situations. Chronic stress can be the result of traumatic experiences, dysfunctional family dynamics or chronic illness.
The Consequences of StressStress can affect your physical and emotional health. Some of the common symptoms of stress include:
- Trouble sleeping
- Tense muscles
- Low energy
- Irregular heartbeat or chest pains
- Excessive sweating
- Mental fatigue
- Poor concentration
- Low self-esteem
How To Manage Your Stress BetterGet your life back by learning how to manage your stress more effectively. That means taking time to relax, saying no to negative pressures, and putting your health first.
1.ExerciseExercise is excellent for helping to energize you and reduce overall tension. Aerobic exercise, in particular, has been proven to effectively relieve symptoms of stress, balance mood and improve sleep. Try going out for a bike ride, a jog, or get out and dance. The key is to get your heart pumping, and to do it regularly!
2. Meditation/PrayerDeep breathing and mindfulness practices such as prayer and meditation can help to produce feelings of relaxation. You can pray and meditate out in the peacefulness of nature, or plug in a guided prayer or meditation in the comforts of your own home. The important part is that you make sure you’re taking that time for yourself.
3. LaughterDoing things that you enjoy and spending time with people that make you laugh is so important! You've got to balance out those feelings of stress with feelings of happiness. Spend an evening with friends, or see comedy, and spend some time laughing.
A Little Extra Help With Stress Relief SupplementsSometimes you need a little extra support to help manage the stress in your life. That’s where natural supplementation comes in. These three supplements are great for helping you deal with side effects of stress so that the calm can come back.
1. Enhanced Collagen RelaxEnhanced Collagen Relax contains flavourless grass-fed hydrolyzed collagen, L-theanine, and Magnesium Bisglycinate. Collagen supports skin health, leaky gut and improves sleep. It also includes the amino acid Glycine, which is known for developing sleep and controlling stress levels. L-theanine helps relieve stress by inducing a relaxing effect without drowsiness, and may also possess immunologic attributes, whereas Magnesium Bisglycinate enhances sleep efficiency and relaxation of the nerves and muscles. It’s flavourless and used in either hot or cold liquids!
2. Reishi Mushroom ExtractReishi is a medicinal mushroom that has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries. Today, it’s used in Herbal Medicine as an adaptogen. Reishi helps to increase energy and improve your resistance to stress in cases were stress has left you feeling mentally or physically fatigued. Try Reishi when you have a lot of projects coming up at work or are dealing with a long-term stressful situation.
3. Kava KavaKava Kava root comes from a tall shrub that grows in the Pacific Islands. It is traditionally used in Herbal Medicine for its ability to make you feel calmer. It provides a sense of relaxation while relieving the burden of anxiety, restlessness, and nervousness. Kava Kava works fast which makes it an excellent option for those times when stress sneaks up on you or becomes too much to handle. Add it to a cup of herbal tea, or drink it with water to reap the benefits