Eat + Drink
Banana Paleo Protein Cookies
The Organika Team
These banana & coconut breakfast cookies are wonderfully soft and chewy and super easy to make. Better still, they’re free of nuts, dairy, grain & refined sugar but packed with fibre, healthy fats, protein, and adaptogens, too!
I enjoy these cookies with little or no coconut sugar and 100% cacao pieces. However, if you have more of a sweet tooth, you can increase the coconut sugar and use chocolate chips.
BANANA PALEO PROTEIN COOKIES
EASY | SERVES 6-8 Large cookies; 10-12 small cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (optional; increase to 1/4 cup if prefer sweeter cookies)
- 1 Tbsp Organika Health Gelatinized Maca (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Organika Health Enhanced Collagen
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Optional: 1/4 cup diced dark chocolate bar or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, beat together banana, eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add collagen, coconut flour, desiccated coconut, and baking soda and mix well. Stir-in chocolate pieces.
- Scoop spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Enjoy warm or chill before serving.
Tara is an avid traveller, fitness enthusiast, and aspiring chef who endeavours to inspire others to experience the joy & richness of life.