Eat + Drink
DIY Activated Charcoal Soap
You have probably heard the talk about using charcoal as part of your cleansing routine. Ever wonder why that is? Well, Activated Charcoal is a natural ingredient that can be consumed (food grade charcoal) and be used in your beauty routine. It is proven to have many health benefits if it's used safely and properly. Try out our DIY Activated Charcoal soap at the end of the blog!
What are the benefits of Activated Charcoal as skin care?Here are some of the top benefits of using Activated Charcoal as part of your skin-care routine!
1. Absorbs the impurities from the skin. 2. Balances oily skin. 3. Gently exfoliates skin. 4. Reduces the look of pores 5. Removes blackheads 6. Treats acne, acne scars, and blemishes 7. Whitens teeth
DIY ACTIVATED CHARCOAL SOAP
EASY | Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1-2 blocks of Hemp Seed Oil glycerin melt and pour soaps
- 1-2 tsp of Organika's Activated Charcoal
- 1 tbsp of Organika's Enhanced Collagen
- A silicone loaf pan OR soap pans
- Coconut, jojoba or olive oil
- Rosewater (or essential oils)
- In a large glass container, add in the cut / cubed hemp seed soap and place in the microwave to liquefy it down. You may add in a 1-2 tbsp of oil for while stirring it.
- Once the soap has melted down- add in your activated charcoal, collagen and rose water. Make sure to mix the powders in well. If you're wanting to add dried flowers – place on top of the liquid soap mix before it hardens.
- Pour into the silicone pans (or if using glass line with parchment paper) and place in the freezer or leave in a cool place to harden (generally around 2-3 hours). using fishing line or wire – cut the soap into squares for use.