Eat + Drink
Easy Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad
EASY CILANTRO LIME QUINOA SALAD
intermediate | Prep Time: 30 mins | Serves
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 heaping spoon of Organika's Ginger Bone Broth (chicken or beef)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 2-3 limes
- 1-2 bunches of cilantro, washed
- Light olive oil
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (if you prefer a creamier dressing)
- 1/2 tsp of cumin (to taste)
- Salt (Himalayan) & pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Cook quinoa with Organika's Bone Broth powder a night before or in the morning and allow to cool - I generally add a bit of olive oil after the quinoa is cooked to prevent it from sticking to each other.
- In a separate bowl, add chopped peppers, onions, black beans and quinoa. Set it aside.
- In a Vitamix, add 6-8 tbsp of olive oil, lime juice (save a few lime wedges for garnish), 1 full bunch of cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, cumin and cloves of garlic. Blend it all until smooth. If you want a creamy dressing, add in Greek Yogurt to get that smooth texture.
- Pour the dressing on the quinoa & veggies and mix in a bowl.
- Chip up the remaining cilantro and sprinkle on top of the salad with lime wedges to garnish! Store in the fridge before serving.