Golden Turmeric Granola Clusters Recipe
Breakfast is easily my favorite meal of the day. I mean, how can you not love the endless variations of smoothie bowls, oatmeal bowls, french toast, and waffle recipes? A staple for me has always been granola, I add it to everything (and I mean literally everything...). As a student, I am always rushing out the door in the morning, so a granola bowl with fresh ripe berries, sliced banana, coconut yogurt, and a drizzle of peanut butter is my go-to. I am always looking for new ways to spice up my granola, and as a Food Nutrition and Health student, I love packing as many nutrients and vitamins as I can into my meals. This is why I am so excited to share my new favorite granola recipe using Organika's Turmeric Mylk Latte! With ingredients such as prebiotic fiber, turmeric root powder, ginger powder, and cardamom seed powder, this is the best way to start your morning. Turmeric acts as a natural inflammatory agent while increasing your body's intake capacity of antioxidants, which are so important for good health. Kick start your day with these golden turmeric granola clusters, there really is nothing better than having golden sunshine for breakfast! 😊☀️
Turmeric Golden Clusters
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup a hemp seeds or a hemp, flax, and chia seed blend
- 1/2 cup creamy almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Organika Turmeric Mylk Latte powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add 1/2 cup of the rolled oats and the almonds to a food processor and process on high for a minute, until you have a flour-like consistency.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the oats, pumpkin seeds, dry quinoa, hemp seeds, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Over the stove, in a small saucepan, whisk together the almond or peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, Organika Turmeric Mylk Latte Powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir constantly for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- From the saucepan, pour the mixture over the oat mixture and stir away! Every bit of granola should be evenly-coated.
- Transfer the granola onto the baking sheet and spread it out using a spatula into a 1/3 inch thick layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the pan back-to-front and cook for another 25 minutes. Remove the granola from the oven when it is a very light golden colour, it should be firm but not crispy. It may feel undercooked but I promise you it's not.
- Put the baking sheet on an oven safe cooking rack and allow the granola to cool completely, this is super important. Try not to let the granola move around, allow it to sit for an hour before you break it into chunks. Once completely cooled, break it into large and small chunks and store in a glass container.
- Serve over yogurt, on top of smoothie bowls or as a yummy snack! 😋