Eat + Drink
Orange Cranberry Collagen Protein Bars: The Perfect Healthy Camping Food
Organika Health Products
Fuel your long weekend adventures with healthy camping foodSummer’s approaching quickly, and with the warmer weather, camping season is set to begin. Camping is the perfect escape from technology, routine, work and stress. Whether you’re with friends or family, it’s really about simplicity. Think about it. You leave a busy life, to go explore nature, breath fresh air and often forgo cell phone reception. You separate from the city, the media, and everyday societal pressures. Camping brings a simple peacefulness back to our modern day fast-paced style of living. Numerous studies have also shown that being out in nature can positively affect our health and state of mind. Even just visually seeing natural landscapes can help to activate parts of our brain that are linked to balance and happiness; while being out in nature can promote positive thinking and decrease feelings of depression. Pretty amazing, right? The downside though, is that camping can also often mean packaged quick or convenience snacks for being on the go. Opting for healthy camping food can help to provide your body with clean fuel to energize you for any hiking or outdoor activities you might have planned. So before you head to the grocery store and fill your basket with convenience snacks, try these: Orange Cranberry Collagen Protein Bars. They’re a seamless immersion of simplicity, flavour and nutrition. Using Organika's Enhanced Collagen, these bars will both satisfy your hunger and energize your adventure.
Orange Cranberry Collagen Protein Bar Recipe
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/3 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 ¾ cup of flaked oats
- 2 Tbsp Enhanced Collagen Powder
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- zest of one orange
- 1 cup of almond butter
- ½ cup of pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice
- Add your almonds and pumpkin seeds to your food processor. Process until almonds become large roughly chopped pieces
- Pour your nuts and seeds into a large bowl, and add all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, and press your granola bar mixture into the pan. Press until firmly flattened.
- Refrigerate overnight, or freeze for 2-3 hours.