Eat + Drink
Raw Chocolate Maca Balls
Organika Health Products
Treat yourself to a healthy raw chocolate snackSnacking. We all do it. But do you do it well? Snacking gets a bad reputation most of the time. Sure, snacking is not great if you’re snacking on chips, cookies and candy all day every day; but, if you’re choosing healthy snacks then it’s perfectly okay! We’re talking about fresh fruit, nuts and seeds, dark chocolate, veggies and hummus, smoothies and … wait, did we say chocolate? Yes. Yes, we did. Chocolate isn’t all bad if you’re choosing high quality chocolate. That means raw chocolate made with antioxidant-rich raw cacao or dark chocolate without all the fillers and flavourings. If indulging on chocolate sounds like a perfect snack to you, you need to try our Raw Chocolate Maca Balls recipe. It’s a combination of nuts and dried fruit with maca powder, and raw cacao to give it some energy and a chocolatey bite. Both maca and cacao combined add antioxidants, while maca powder is also great for mood balance and sexual health. Next time you need a snack, give these a try!
Raw Chocolate Maca BallsMakes about 20 balls
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cup of dates, soaked
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp Organika® Organic Maca Powder
- 3 Tbsp Raw cacao powder
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- Add almonds and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add your dates to the food processor and pulse until they become more of a doughy consistency with the nuts.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and pulse until fully combined.
- Roll into balls, and store in the refrigerator or freezer.