Vegetarian Ramen Recipe
Looking forward to spring? Celebrate the tail end of winter with this flavourful and comforting vegetarian ramen recipe by Karolina Gnat, full of fragrant spices and a wholesome nutritional hug from our new Veggie Broth. Make a trip to your local Asian grocery store, and get ready to dig in!
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 lemongrass stalks
- 1 inch galangal root
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. miso paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 4 L Organika Veggie Broth
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 package ramen noodles
Optional: 1 tsp. thai red curry paste
Garnish: green onions, sesame seeds, chili flakes, lime slices
- Trim the lemongrass where the white base portion ends and discard the tops. Pound the lemongrass base until it cracks open.
- Peel the galangal and cut it into chunks.
- In a large saucepan or pot, combine sesame oil with lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves and shallot. Sauteé until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, miso paste, red curry paste, coconut sugar, tamari and lime juice. Bring to a gentle simmer. Make sure the miso and red curry paste dissolve completely. Strain the soup through a sieve into another pot; discard the solids.
- In a separate pot, boil 4 L of water. Add 130 g of Veggie Broth (roughly 13 tbsp.) and stir until dissolved.
- Add the veggie broth, mushrooms and tofu to the spice mix. Bring the soup to a light simmer again.
- Meanwhile, cook the ramen noodles as per package directions.
- To serve, add noodles to bowl, pour the soup over top. Top with green onions and sesame seeds.