Eat + Drink
Bone Broth Chicken Ramen
PREP 15 MINS | COOK 45 MINS MEDIUM | SERVES 2
- 2 Organic chicken breasts (boneless, skin-on)* kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp fresh organic ginger, minced
- 3 tsp fresh organic garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Organika coconut sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 4 cups Organika Chicken Turmeric/Ginger Bone Broth
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms (or 1/2 cup fresh)
- 1-2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 2 Organic large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic scallions, sliced
- 2 (3 oz) packs dried ramen noodles
- Cook the chicken*: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is golden brown and releases easily from the pan, about 5-7 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until golden. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven, transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil until ready to serve.
- Make the ramen broth: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, until shimmering. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the Organika coconut sauce and mirin, and stir to combine. Cook for another minute. Add the Organika Bone Broth, cover, and bring to boil. Remove the lid, and let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, then add the dried mushrooms. Simmer gently for another 10 minutes, and season with salt, to taste.
- Make the soft-boiled eggs: Fill a pot with enough water to cover the eggs, and bring to a boil. Gently lower the eggs (still cold from the fridge) into the boiling water, and let simmer for 7 minutes (for a slightly-runny yoke) or 8 minutes (for a soft, but set-up yoke).
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice water. When the timer finishes, transfer the eggs to the ice bath to stop the cooking process. Wait at least 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle, then carefully peel away the shell and slice in half, lengthwise. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Assemble the ramen bowls: Meanwhile, chop the scallions and jalapeño (if using). Slice the chicken into thin pieces. Set aside. When the eggs finish cooking, add the ramen noodles to the boiling water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft, then divide the noodles into two large bowls. Add the sliced chicken and the ramen broth. Top with the fresh scallions, jalapeño and the soft-boiled egg. Serve immediately and enjoy!