Eat + Drink
Homemade Bone Broth Gravy
Chelan Wilkins, RHN
Thanksgiving will always have a special place in my heart, growing up in a family that has carried the tradition just like many others and then celebrating with my own. It was a time we can be with our loved ones and share what we are truly thankful for, especially over the feast. No Thanksgiving meal is complete without good gravy with bone broth! Here is my simple recipe:
Makes about 2 cups
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups Organika's Chicken Bone Broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Organika's Coconut sauce (more if you like)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together, making sure to get all visible lumps.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to turn light brown, be sure to stir constantly.
- Turn heat to low and SLOWLY add broth, stirring constantly.
- It will spit & bubble so be careful.
- Add Organika's Coconut sauce.
- Turn heat back up to medium.
- Continue stirring until gravy boils and thickens.