Festive Linzer Cookies
We've got something to satisfy your sweet tooth! These beautiful keto-friendly linzer cookies are sure to please, with a hint of holiday spice in every bite and a berry festive filling! To top it all up, we've included some health boosting ingredients, of course.
- MCT Oil Powder for a quick and easy energy source that also supports heart health and cognitive function;
- Bovine Gelatin, providing 18 amino acids to help your body with collagen formation;
- Enhanced Collagen Boost, combining MCT oil powder with our Enhanced Collagen to enhance hair, skin, nails and joints;
- Bakerlita Beauty Baking mix, with the perfect ratio of the highest quality low-carb, keto & paleo approved flours, along with 100% natural and sugar-free sweeteners – plus it packs an extra punch of Organika’s Enhanced Collagen and Bovine Gelatin!
- 1 package Bakerlita Beauty Baking Mix*
- 3 tbsp Organika Enhanced Collagen Boost Vanilla
- 1 free-run egg
- ½ cup grass-fed butter
- ½ tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 zest of a medium orange (or lemon)
- 1 jar berry jelly of your choice - or make your own! (Ingredients & instructions below)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup monk fruit or your natural sweetener of choice
- 1 cup organic raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup organic cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp Organika MCT Oil Powder
- 1 tbsp Organika Bovine Gelatin
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener / natural sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp organic cinnamon
HOW TO - COOKIES
- In a medium bowl, pour the Enhanced Collagen Boost Vanilla, cinnamon and a full package of Bakerlita Beauty Baking Mix, whisk together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl (or using a hand mixer), beat the soften grass-fed butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and orange zest.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add the dry mixture in several additions. Mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the dough in half, shape into disks, wrap securely in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm - not hard. (Pro tip! If pressed for time, you can put your dough in the freezer for 20 min.)
- Allow the disks to warm up on the counter, making sure they stay firm.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Lightly flour counter top surface (you can also lay a piece of saran wrap instead).Roll out each piece of dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out using 3-inch cookie cutter and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart. Using a 1 inch cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the rounds, re-rolling the scraps. Place the bottoms and the tops (the ones with the holes) on separate cookie sheets!
- Bake, one sheet at a time, 7-8 minutes. The tops bake faster; about 6-7 minutes. Cool slightly on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: When the tops have partially cooled, dust them generously with monk fruit powdered sugar.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of berry jelly on each bottom cookie.
- Place top cookies on bottoms and press gently to stick them together. Now they're ready for you to enjoy!
HOW TO - JELLY
- Cook raspberries & cranberries in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sweetener. Mash it down with a fork or leave it chunky - up to you!
- Cook for 5 more minutes, remove from heat and stir in the grass-fed gelatin.
- Let stand until it begins to thicken, adding water if needed to thin out until desired consistency is reached.
- Allow to cool to room temperature; add filling to your cookies.
- Store in an airtight mason jar in the fridge for a week or two and in the freezer for up to three months.