Eat + Drink
Very Berry Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Antioxidants are an essential part of our daily routine. They can help reduce inflammation, and fight free radicals, both of which are culprits in aging and illness! Did you know that fruits are super high in antioxidants? When you add in a fruit smoothie recipe to your day, you can be sure you (and your family!) will get in lots of vitamins and minerals.
Antioxidants have quite a few benefits including:
- Immune support: adding in antioxidants helps your body to fight off invaders to keep you healthy!
- Reduce inflammation: today, we deal with chronic inflammation because of our environment, and the food we put into our bodies. By adding antioxidants, we can reduce the inflammation our body.
- Reduce signs of aging: free-radicals from sun damage can cause premature fine lines and wrinkles. Try adding antioxidants to help fight free radicals and reduce overall signs of aging.
- May reduce memory loss: Antioxidants can help to improve connectivity in our brain cells.
Some fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants:
- Berries, like blueberries, strawberries and cherries
- Leafy greens, including spinach, kale and swiss chard
- Red, yellow and orange peppers
- Antioxidant-rich super powders like organic Spirulina
- Nuts like walnuts or brazil nuts
Very Berry Fruit Smoothie Recipe:
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. Organika Enhanced Collagen
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup water or your favourite non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. honey (optional)