Eat + Drink
Coco Loco Collagen Brownies
The Organika Team
This National Nutrition Month don’t feel guilty about having your cake and eating it too.
Dessert to celebrate National Nutrition Month?We’re serious. For National Nutrition Month (NNM), we’re all about making the comfort foods you love healthy by using a few healthier substitutes for ingredients that are easy to use, and beneficial to the body!
Healthy SubstitutesCoconut oil is a great alternative to fatty shortenings and low-grade oils that can block arteries by increasing cholesterol/lipid levels. Full of medium chain triglycerides, coconut oil is a source of good fats that help boost metabolism and balance energy levels! Coconut palm sugar has less of an effect on spiking insulin levels and balances blood sugar while promoting stable energy levels. It also gives a delightful hint of coconut to your favourite foods! Enhanced Collagen Original Powder adds protein and gut boosting power as its high in amino acids and protein.
Naughty, but NutritionalAs opposed to other brownie recipes, these gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free brownies are much healthier for your heart and blood sugar levels.
Coco Loco collagen Brownies
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup raw carob powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp Organika's Enhanced Collagen Original Powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup Organika’s Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¾ cup Organika’s Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- ½ cup carob chips*
- Sift brown rice flour, carob powder, baking powder, Enhanced Collagen Powder and salt in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl blend together coconut milk, Organika®’s Coconut Oil and Coconut Palm Sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until smooth. Then mix in carob chips.
- Grease a 8x8 pan, bake at 350*F for 20 min.