Find your balance!
Tried and tested by centuries of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reishi is known as a potent stress reducer and for its immunity-supporting properties. Call on the king of mushrooms to heighten your coffee, smoothies, and soups, and feel grounded anew.
The reishi mushroom, or Ganoderma lucidum, helps to balance many body systems. It’s been used for at least four thousand years in many Asian countries for its medicinal properties, which have been backed by countless modern scientific studies. Reishi can:
- Calm the body and mind: By improving the health of adrenal glands, where cortisol and other stress hormones are produced, it helps to reduce symptoms associated with stress, nervousness, and muscle tension.
- Improve sleep: By regulating stress hormones and relaxing the body, insomnia can be decreased.
- Balance androgen hormones: When out of balance, excess androgens can contribute to low sex drive, benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) and reproductive cancers.
- Modulate the immune system: Reishi improves immune function to more optimally protect the body from viruses, bacteria. It is also shown to
be beneficial to an overactive immune system, with autoimmune challenges, allergies and sensitivities.
- Decrease signs of aging: As an excellent source of antioxidants,reishi combats damaging free radicals.
Check out our other products in the adaptogen line!
Reishi mushroom mycelium and fruiting body. Cultured on organic brown rice. 100% Organic. Grown in the USA.
HOW TO USE:
Add 1 levelled teaspoon (~1.7 g) to your coffee, broth, or favourite warm drink. Can also be easily incorporated into savoury recipes!
Do not use before surgery. Women with heavy menstruation to use with
caution during their period. Check with your doctor if taking ACE inhibitors. Stop use if hypersensitivity/ allergy occurs.
Q: What are adaptogens?
A: Adaptogens are plants, herbs, and mushrooms that help us adapt to or recover from the damaging effects of environmental or lifestyle stresses. They have been used for thousands of years in traditional Indian and Chinese medicine practices, and are revered for their ability to bring the body back into homeostasis — the body’s natural place of balance.
Q: Who needs adaptogens?
A: When stress constantly piles high, our body’s response can be negatively affected, increasing the risk of disease. Some daily life factors that may cause stress include:
- Poor eating and sleep habits
- Stored mental and emotional tension
- Unaddressed physical symptoms and diseases
- Financial, family, work, and social obligations
Organika’s line of adaptogenic powders can help provide the support you need to thrive in modern conditions.
Q: How are your mushrooms processed?
A: Our reishi, chaga, and lion’s mane mushrooms are steam extracted to break down the indigestible cell walls of the fungi, a compound called chitin. This process allows us to access the beneficial compounds within.
Q: Can I take too much of these products?
A: All these products are natural foods and are non-toxic at normal doses. If you experience any negative side effects, stop taking them immediately and consult your health care practitioner.
Q: Can I cook with these or add them to hot water? Will I damage their benefits?
A: Yes, you can cook with them, an easy and delicious way to incorporate them into your life. Heat does not damage their benefits.